FOLD was established in 2014.
Our goals are:
- To establish connections among people who are responsible for managing or directing distance learning programs for the purpose of programmatic advancement.
- To collaborate with others on the research, writing, and publishing of materials and new models of engagement and new approaches important to our mission.
- To share resources among individuals, agencies, associations, institutes, seminaries, theological schools.
- To serve as an advocate in the promotion of quality distance theological education among state boards of education and regional/vocational accrediting bodies.
- To discover where our commonalities lie.
- To pursue the pastoral outreach that can be provided through distance education.